A lawsuit about the Explorer making occupants sick has been settled before the trial was set to begin. Details of the settlement aren’t available, but it could cover any Florida resident who purchased or leased a 2011-2015 Explorer.
The lawsuit was filed over two years ago after an owner raised fears of carbon monoxide poisoning to her local dealership 8 times, only to be told not to worry about it.
It was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida - Sanchez-Knutson v. Ford Motor Co. and the plaintiff was represented by Kelley / Uustal.
This is good news for Floridians, but what does it mean for owners elsewhere? Chances are this isn’t the last we’ll hear about this issue.