Windstar's Cracked Rear Axle
The Ford Windstar is well known for a rear axle that can split apart or suddenly snap like dried kindling. An alarming number of owners have told their axle stories on CarComplaints.com, saying that the issue can happen anywhere from backin…Continue reading article "Windstar's Cracked Rear Axle"
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.Continue
Where Suspension Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- rear coil spring failure in the 2002 Explorer
- broken front spring in the 2002 Taurus
- rear end noise and abnormal wear on tires in the 2008 Focus
- shakes / loss of control in the 2006 F-250
- rear springs broke in the 2001 Taurus
- death wobble in the 2011 F-250
- snapped rear axle in the 1998 Windstar
A jury has blamed Ford for concealing dangers that could have prevented a 1998 Explorer rollover crash.
According to the lawsuit, concerned Ford engineers wanted to change the design of the 1998 Explorer to stop rollovers. Ford refused and switched to computer simulated rollover tests instead. Ford will appeal the jury’s decision to award $151 million to an Alabama man who was paralyzed in a 2015 rollover crash.keep reading article "Jury Blames Ford for Covering Up Rollover Problems"