There are 1571 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2000.
This generation ranks 95th in reliability out of 99 overall Ford generations.
This generation has been recalled 63 times. It's also part of 95 investigations and has 905 TSBs.
- drivetrain rear axle broke in half in the 2001 Windstar at 119291 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 1999 Windstar at 106799 miles
- transmission trasmission failure in the 2001 Windstar at 106801 miles
- transmission O/D light blinking, hard shifting in the 1999 Windstar at 94687 miles
- steering fluid leaking from rack assembly in the 1999 Windstar at 71485 miles
- steering power steering makes loud noise when turning in the 1999 Windstar at 86529 miles