There are 1511 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2012.
This generation ranks 92nd in reliability out of 99 overall Ford generations.
This generation has been recalled 28 times. It's also part of 8 investigations and has 289 TSBs.
- transmission jerks, hesitates when you take off in the 2013 Focus at 30838 miles
- transmission multiple shifting problems in the 2012 Focus at 22784 miles
- steering power steering failure in the 2012 Focus at 67946 miles
- transmission shudder and vibration sounds on takeoff in the 2012 Focus at 40581 miles
- transmission bad hesitation/jerking when starting from a stop position in the 2014 Focus at 20027 miles
- transmission grinding noise in the 2014 Focus at 7228 miles