There are 2674 owner complaints spread out over 10 years, but the most belong to the 2003.
This generation ranks 90th in reliability out of 99 overall Ford generations.
This generation has been recalled 62 times. It's also part of 46 investigations and has 888 TSBs.
- electrical alternator dead in the 2007 Focus at 57763 miles
- engine engine failure in the 2001 Focus at 111717 miles
- engine blown engine in the 2000 Focus at 113328 miles
- transmission difficulty shifting into gear in the 2005 Focus at 78620 miles
- accessories - interior key won't turn in the ignition in the 2001 Focus at 101312 miles
- transmission problems shifting in the 2002 Focus at 58491 miles