There are 1197 owner complaints spread out over 6 years, but the most belong to the 2010.
This generation ranks 98th in reliability out of 99 overall Ford generations.
This generation has been recalled 19 times. It's also part of 26 investigations and has 407 TSBs.
- engine engine clatters like a diesel at low rpm in the 2009 F-150 at 66594 miles
- windows / windshield rear window shattered in the 2010 F-150 at 53753 miles
- transmission inconsistent shifting at times in the 2010 F-150 at 10887 miles
- steering power steering goes out in the 2012 F-150 at 47017 miles
- brakes brake failure in the 2013 F-150 at 37336 miles
- engine engine shudder and loss of power in the 2013 F-150 at 43962 miles