There are 2329 owner complaints spread out over 5 years, but the most belong to the 2004.
This generation ranks 96th in reliability out of 99 overall Ford generations.
This generation has been recalled 52 times. It's also part of 35 investigations and has 359 TSBs.
- windows / windshield window does not roll up in the 2004 F-150 at 82068 miles
- engine loud ticking/knocking noise from motor in the 2005 F-150 at 154755 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2005 F-150 at 81996 miles
- windows / windshield power window regulator failure in the 2005 F-150 at 61075 miles
- transmission blown transmission in the 2006 F-150 at 64194 miles
- transmission transmission fault planetary gear failure in the 2007 F-150 at 80351 miles