There are 1531 owner complaints spread out over 7 years, but the most belong to the 2005.
This generation ranks 94th in reliability out of 99 overall Ford generations.
This generation has been recalled 67 times. It's also part of 91 investigations and has 499 TSBs.
- electrical computer (PCM) failure in the 2005 Escape at 101542 miles
- transmission transmission failure in the 2002 Escape at 91621 miles
- transmission o/d light flashing, transmission began to slip in the 2007 Escape at 91988 miles
- body / paint excessive wheel well/shock tower rust in the 2005 Escape at 126099 miles
- engine engine shutdown while driving in the 2005 Escape at 88082 miles
- body / paint paint is peeling off in the 2003 Escape at 72186 miles
It’s been a long road for electronic throttle body (ETB) complaints in Ford and Mercury vehicles. It’s been an even longer road for owners with ETBs that are prone to sudden surges, dangerous stalls, and being sent into ‘limp home mode’ which is like driving a snail through...